There are several ways to prevent your eyeliner from smearing. Here are some tips:
- Prime your eyelids: Apply a primer specifically designed for eyelids before applying eyeliner. This can create a smooth, oil-absorbing base that helps your eyeliner stay in place.
- Set with powder: After applying your eyeliner, lightly dust a translucent or setting powder over your eyelids. This helps to absorb any excess oil and keeps the eyeliner in place.
- Use waterproof or long-lasting formulas: Opt for waterproof or long-lasting eyeliner formulas, as they are less likely to smudge or smear throughout the day.
- Avoid oily eye creams: If you use eye creams or moisturizers around the eye area, make sure they are oil-free. Oil-based products can cause eyeliner to smear and smudge easily.
- Set with eyeshadow: After applying your eyeliner, use a matching eyeshadow shade and an angled brush to gently press the eyeshadow over the liner. This helps to set the liner and prevent smudging.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes: Try to refrain from rubbing or touching your eyes throughout the day, as this can cause the eyeliner to smudge.
- Choose pencil or gel liners: Pencil or gel eyeliners tend to have better staying power compared to liquid or felt-tip liners, which can be more prone to smudging.
- Consider using a makeup setting spray: After applying your makeup, including eyeliner, you can use a setting spray to prolong its longevity and prevent smudging.
Remember, everyone's skin and eyelids are different, so it may take some trial and error to find the best methods that work for you.