There are several steps you can take to prevent eyeshadow from creasing:
- Use an eye primer: Apply an eye primer or a good quality concealer to create a smooth base for your eyeshadow. This helps to prevent creasing and keeps the eyeshadow in place for longer.
- Set your eyelids: After applying the eye primer, set it with a translucent setting powder or a matte eyeshadow that matches your skin tone. This helps to absorb any excess oil and provides a dry base for your eyeshadow.
- Avoid applying too much product: Use a light hand when applying eyeshadow. Applying too much product can make it more likely to crease. Build up the intensity gradually to ensure a smooth application.
- Use a quality eyeshadow formula: Opt for higher-quality eyeshadows that are known for their long-lasting and crease-resistant formulas. Matte eyeshadows typically have less tendency to crease compared to shimmery or glittery shades.
- Avoid applying heavy creams or oils to the eyelids: Heavy creams, oily moisturizers, or oily makeup removers can contribute to eyeshadow creasing. Use lightweight products and ensure your eyelids are dry before applying eyeshadow.
- Set your eyeshadow with a setting spray: Once you have finished applying your eyeshadow, spritz a setting spray over your entire face, including the eyes. This helps to lock the eyeshadow in place and prevents creasing throughout the day.
- Use an eyeshadow primer or powder on the lower lash line: If you experience creasing on your lower lash line, apply a primer or set with a powder before applying eyeshadow to help prevent it from smudging or creasing.
By following these steps, you can help prevent your eyeshadow from creasing and ensure long-lasting, crease-free eye makeup.