There are a few ways you can prevent your mascara from drying out:
- Don't pump the mascara wand: When you pump the wand in and out of the tube, it introduces air into the product, which can cause it to dry out faster. Instead, gently swirl the wand inside the tube to pick up the desired amount of product.
- Seal the mascara tightly: Ensure that the mascara tube is closed tightly after each use. This helps to minimize air exposure and maintain the product's moisture.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to air: Try not to leave the mascara tube open for an extended period of time. The longer it is exposed to air, the more likely it is to dry out. Only open the tube when you need to use it.
- Clean the wand regularly: Over time, dried mascara on the wand can clog the tube and make the mascara dry out more quickly. Clean the wand with a tissue or cotton pad periodically to remove any excess product.
- Avoid adding water or other liquids: While some people suggest adding water or other liquids to revive dried mascara, it is not recommended. This can introduce bacteria and may lead to eye infections. It's best to replace the mascara if it has dried out.
- Store it in a cool, dry place: Heat and humidity can cause mascara to dry out faster. Store it in a cool and dry location, away from direct sunlight or sources of heat.
By following these tips, you can help extend the life of your mascara and prevent it from drying out prematurely.