Cleaning the interior of a microwave oven is a straightforward process. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Unplug the microwave: Before starting any cleaning, ensure that the microwave is unplugged from the power source to avoid any accidents.
- Remove any loose debris: Wipe away any loose debris or food particles that may be present on the interior surfaces of the microwave. Use a soft, damp cloth or sponge.
- Create a cleaning solution: In a microwave-safe bowl or cup, mix a solution of equal parts water and white vinegar. For a pleasant scent, you can also add a few drops of lemon juice.
- Microwave the cleaning solution: Place the bowl or cup with the cleaning solution in the microwave and heat it for 2-3 minutes, or until the solution boils and generates steam. This will help loosen any hardened food stains and make the cleaning process easier.
- Let it sit: After heating, do not open the microwave door immediately. Leave the cleaning solution inside for about 5 minutes to allow the steam to further loosen any dirt or stains.
- Wipe down the interior: Once the waiting time is up, carefully remove the bowl or cup using oven mitts or tongs, as it will be hot. Proceed to wipe down the interior surfaces of the microwave with a clean, damp cloth or sponge. Pay extra attention to any stubborn stains, and gently scrub if needed.
- Clean the turntable and removable parts: If your microwave has a turntable or removable parts like a roller ring, remove them and clean them separately with warm, soapy water. Rinse and dry them thoroughly before placing them back into the microwave.
- Dry the interior: After wiping down the interior, use a clean, dry cloth to remove any remaining moisture to prevent mold or mildew growth.
- Clean the door and control panel: Wipe down the microwave door and control panel with a damp cloth, taking care not to saturate the control panel with water.
- Plug the microwave back in: Once everything is dry, plug the microwave back into the power source and it's ready to use.
Remember, always follow the manufacturer's instructions and safety precautions when cleaning your microwave oven.