To ignite a propane patio heater, follow these steps:
- Make sure the propane tank is connected securely and turned on. The valve on the propane tank should be in the open position.
- Locate the control knob, usually near the bottom of the patio heater. Turn the knob to the "Pilot" position.
- Depress the control knob and hold it in. This allows the gas to flow to the pilot light area.
- While still holding the knob, locate the ignition button typically near the control knob. Press the ignition button repeatedly to spark the pilot light.
- Once the pilot light is ignited, continue holding the control knob for about 30 seconds to allow the thermocouple to heat up.
- Release the control knob and slowly turn it from the "Pilot" position to the desired heat setting. Most patio heaters have a low, medium, and high setting.
- If the pilot light goes out after releasing the control knob, repeat the process and hold the knob longer to heat the thermocouple.
Always refer to the manufacturer's instructions for your specific patio heater model, as the steps might vary slightly.