A sheet mask and a clay mask are two different types of face masks, with different textures and ingredients, designed to provide different benefits to the skin.
- Sheet Mask: A sheet mask consists of a thin sheet soaked in a serum or essence. It is typically made of materials like cotton or hydrogel and comes in a pre-cut shape to fit the face.
- Clay Mask: A clay mask is a thick paste-like mask made from different types of clay (such as kaolin or bentonite clay) mixed with water or other ingredients. It usually has a smooth and creamy texture.
- Sheet Mask: Sheet masks are easy to apply as they come in pre-cut shapes that easily fit the face. The mask is placed directly on the skin and left for a recommended time (usually around 15-20 minutes).
- Clay Mask: Clay masks are applied by spreading a layer of the clay paste evenly onto the face using fingers or a brush. The mask needs to dry and harden before it is rinsed off, which typically takes about 10-20 minutes.
- Ingredients and Benefits:
- Sheet Mask: Sheet masks are often infused with various serums, essences, or concentrated ingredients like hyaluronic acid, collagen, vitamin C, or plant extracts. They are designed to provide hydration, nourishment, brightening, or soothing effects to the skin.
- Clay Mask: Clay masks primarily consist of different types of clays that absorb excess oil and impurities from the skin. They are beneficial for deep-cleansing, purifying, tightening pores, and balancing oily or acne-prone skin. Some clay masks may also include additional ingredients like botanical extracts, oils, or exfoliants to enhance their effects.
- Sheet Mask: After the recommended time, the sheet mask is removed from the face, and any remaining serum can be gently patted into the skin.
- Clay Mask: Once the clay mask is dried and hardened, it is rinsed off with lukewarm water, and any residue is gently washed away.
In summary, sheet masks are moisturizing and nourishing masks that come in pre-cut sheets soaked in serums or essences, while clay masks are deep-cleansing masks made from clay paste to absorb impurities and balance oil production.