Cleaning the glass door of an oven can be done with the following steps:
- Turn off the oven: Make sure the oven is turned off and completely cooled down before attempting to clean the glass door. This is important for safety reasons.
- Remove any loose debris: Use a dry cloth or paper towel to remove any loose food particles or debris from the glass door.
- Create a cleaning solution: Mix a solution of equal parts water and vinegar in a spray bottle. Alternatively, you can also use a commercial oven cleaner or dish soap mixed with warm water.
- Spray the glass door: Spray the cleaning solution onto the glass door, ensuring it is evenly coated. Allow the solution to sit for a few minutes to help loosen stains and grime.
- Scrub with a non-abrasive sponge or brush: Gently scrub the glass door in circular motions using a non-abrasive sponge or brush. Pay extra attention to any stubborn stains or baked-on residue. Avoid using abrasive materials or harsh chemicals, as they can scratch or damage the glass surface.
- Wipe clean: Use a damp cloth or sponge to wipe away the cleaning solution and loosened dirt from the glass. Rinse the cloth or sponge frequently to remove any residue. For stubborn stains, you may need to repeat the process or use a gentle scraper to carefully remove the grime.
- Dry the glass: Once the door is clean, use a dry cloth or paper towel to remove any remaining moisture and leave the glass door streak-free.
It's important to check your oven's user manual for specific cleaning instructions or any restrictions on certain cleaning products.